Laveen CrossFit – CrossFit
– Strength: Work up to a heavy cluster set of Power Snatch. The purpose of cluster sets is to use intra-set rest to ensure we are recovered before each effort. This allows us to refine technique and work with heavier loads.
– Metcon: Benchmark workout “Isabel”. This workout is individually based in terms of how you approach this. If you’re strong with snatches and efficient with Touch n go, then perform big sets and go all out. If not, performing fast singles is another option. Either way, this workout should not take longer than 6 minutes to complete and is intended to be done at near maximal effort.
Power Snatch (1.1.1)
Power Snatch Cluster Sets: Build to a heavy set of 1.1.1 (10s). Rest 2:00
– Complete 1 rep, drop + rest 10s until you’ve done this for 3 reps. Rest 2:00 after all 3 cluster reps.
– Take 7-8 total sets and build in weight
– Int: Stick with a moderate weight for all sets
– Beginner: Light weight power snatches x 3 reps per set.
For Time: 30 Snatches, 135# / 95#
Warm-up (No Measure)
1a) Snatch Grip Power High Pulls: 3 x 8. Rest 30s.
1b) Half-Kneeling Banded Rotations: 3 x 10 ea. Rest 30s.