Laveen CrossFit – CrossFit
– Strength: Week 1 of Speed work for the Sumo Deadlift. We’ll perform this in an EMOM fashion. The purpose of this is to develop explosive force. All sets of deadlifts should be light/fast!
– Metcon: Benchmark workout ”Karen”. We will partner up today and judge each other. Try to beat your previous time if you have one by 30-60s. Have a plan before starting on how to partition sets.
1) Sumo Deadlift against band 9 x 3 @50%, every 60s.
– Reset on each rep. These should be light + fast!
2) KB Squat Jumps: 3 x 5 (light!). Rest 60s.
– These are intended to be done light/fast/maximal height on each rep.
Sumo Deadlift (Banded 9×3 @ 50%)
150 Wall-Ball Shots, 20# / 14#
Warm-up (No Measure)
– 400 Meter Sledpull at light wearing a weighted vest